Profession: gallery/museum technician
Hobbies: Home renovating, garage sales, iphoneography
Hipstographer since: 2010
Year of Birth: 1967

Favorite Combo:  John S  +  Blanko 
Favorite Lens:  John S 
Favorite Film:  C-Type Plate 
Favorite Flash:  Berry Pop 

"The Anzac Bridge, Sydney, Australia, is an ikon perhaps not as well recognized internationally as the the Sydney Harbour bridge or the Sydney Opera House, but an ikon non-the-less. It is a favourite amongst photographers in this city, with its graphic structure and strong forms. The bridge runs east to west, over a dockyard, with fish markets to the east, and a disused early twentieth century power station to the west, making it a striking form on the urban landscape and an visual frame for sunrises, sunsets and cloud formations for those who cross it.

I cross this bridge on a regular basis and I'm always inspired to shoot it, even if it is through my windscreen whilst I wait in traffic. Multiple shots of the same structure may seem somewhat banal, but the use of the many possibilities of Hipstamatic give such great effect and variety to the shots that interest is maintained. No matter the combo, time of day or weather conditions, there is always something interesting in my camera roll by the time I get to the other side."
Darryl Chapman

[button color="blue" link="https://www.facebook.com/darryl.chapman.378"]facebook[/button]

This post is also available in: French

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *